Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Give me your eyes for just one second...

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten...

Have you ever felt that you aren't really sure what you are looking at but you know that it will leave an imprint in your mind and you can not leave it; or forget it; or let it go? Spending a couple days at the homesteads in Swaziland was an experience that will not soon be forgotten. Chris, along with 2 beautiful Manyano women brought Gregg and Dan out to see some people at their homesteads.




A Dan squish. Lovingly provided by Togo and Thini (Manyano Women) Later they added 2 more women and a chicken!! Leaving no room to spare for anything more than love and laughter... what a ride!







Thokisise Homestead





Yummy Oranges @ Stello's


I've Been there a million times
A couple of million eyes
just move and pass me by
I swear I never thought that I was wrong
Well I want a second glance
So give me a second chance



To see the way you see the people all alone...





I want you to meet Mxolisi. He was hit by a car. When he went to the hospital they discovered he was HIV+. First picture... The other day when Gregg and Chris made their way to his homestead as her car rolled up this precious child ran with all he was worth along side the car. Laughing and jumping as only children can do. He was so excited to see Chris. Second picture... this is the face of love. This is Chris living One Heart One Child at a time. This is how children look when they are cared for and loved on and provided for. Do you see it? Please take a long look. He smiles now.


"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11
Peace and Hugs,
Diane
(lyrics: Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath)

No comments: