Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing: Michelle McCall - drops college intern

Michelle gets her drops shirt from MaryJane Reuter

Good Day:
We are so excited to introduce you to Michelle McCall.  She is our first college intern on her first trip to Uganda.  drops of grace is so excited and looking forward to following her jouney. Since she explains it way better than we can... read below:

My name is Michelle McCall and I am in Uganda, Africa. Thanks again to drops of grace for sponsoring me on this adventure! So I guess I should tell a little about myself. I'm 19 and a student at the University of Texas at Austin. It is the greatest school ever. I'm a social work major but my desire to go to Africa started when I was a freshman in high school geography. We watched a video about AIDS and the fighting going on across the sea and my heart broke. All I have wanted to do since then is serve those people, specifically the children there. It has been a dream of mine for almost five years to go to Africa, and now that dream is coming true, and it's so hard to believe. Being on the plane, it will finally hit me that this is happening. I am serving in Kampala, Uganda for two months at a baby orphanage run by a Christian organization called Watoto. I am so blessed to be able to serve here and it has been awesome how God has worked everything out for me to go. I'm excited and nervous at the same time and can't wait to see everything that God will do not only in those kid's lives but in my life as well. So I will share what God shows me and what happens during my time overseas here on this blog, with all of you. I am so ready to love on those babies and for my world to be changed! Thanks for the prayers and for following me on this journey.
All glory to Him,


Michelle

No comments: